Carbon dioxide (CO2) is the main greenhouse gas, and it is also a renewable, abundant, and cheap C1 feedstock. Biomass is abundant renewable carbon resource. Use of biomass and CO2 as carbon source to produce fuels and value-added chemicals is of great importance for the sustainable development of our society. In recent years, we are very interested in catalytic conversion biomass and CO2. In this presentation, I would like to discuss some of the recent results on conversion of biomass and CO2 in ionic liquids[1-10].
1. D. Yang, Q. G. Zhu, Zhu, C. J. Chen, H. Z. Liu, Z. M. Liu, Z. J. Zhao, X. Y. Zhang, S. J. Liu, B. X. Han, Nat. Commun. 2019, 10, 677.
2. Q. G. Zhu, X. F. Sun, D. X. Yang, J. Ma, X. C. Kang, L. R. Zheng, J. Zhang, Z. H. Wu, B. X. Han, Nat. Commun. 2019, 10, 3851.
3. Q. L. Meng, J. Yan, H. Z. Liu, C. J. Chen, S. P. Li, X. J. Shen, J. L. Song, L. R. Zheng, B. X. Han, Sci. Adv., 2019, 10.1126/sciadv.aax6839.
4. X. F. Sun, C. J. Chen, S. J Liu, S. Hong, Q. G. Zhu, Q. L. Qian, B. X. Han, J. Zhang, L. R. Zheng, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2019, 58, 4669-4673.
5. C. Xie, J. L. Song, H. R. Wu, Y. Hu, H. Z. Liu, Z. R. Zhang, P. Zhang, B. F. Chen, B. X. Han, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2019, 141,4002-4009.
6. Z. H. He, M. Cui, Q. L. Qian, J. J. Zhang, H. Z. Liu, B. X. Han, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA., 2019, 116, 12654-12659.
7. M. Y. Liu, Z. R. Zhang, H. Z. Liu, Z. B. Xie, Q. Q. Mei, B. X. Han, Sci. Adv. 2018, 4, aas9319.
8. X. F. Sun, L. Lu, Q. G. Zhu, C. Y. Wu, D. X. Yang, C. J. Chen, B. X. Han, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2018, 57, 2427-2431.
9. Q. Q. Mei, Y. D. Yang, H. Y. Liu, S. P. Li, H. Z. Liu, B. X. Han, Sci. Adv. 2018,4, eaaq0266.
10. L. Lu, X. F. Sun, J. Ma, D. X. Yang, H. H. Wu, B. X. Zhang, J. L, Zhang, B. X. Han, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 14149 –14153.
Buxing Han, Professor at Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS); Academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences; Fellow of the Academy of Sciences for the Developing World(TWAS); Fellow of Royal Society of Chemistry.
He received B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering at Hebei University of Science and Technology in 1982, M.S. degree in Inorganic Chemistry at Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, CAS in 1985, Ph.D. degree in Physical Chemistry at Institute of Chemistry, CAS in 1988, and did postdoctoral research in Chemical Engineering at the University of Saskatchewan, Canada from 1989 to 1991. He was associate professor at Institute of Chemistry, CAS during 1991-1993, and has been a professor at the Institute since 1993.
His research interests include physicochemical properties of green solvent systems and application of green solvents in green chemistry, especially on transformation of CO2 and biomass into valuable chemicals and fuels. He has published more than 600 papers in peer-reviewed scientific journals, such as Science, Nat. Commun., Sci. Adv., J. Am. Chem. Soc., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., Chem. Rev., Acc. Chem. Res., and the papers have been cited more than 24000 times. He has also published 40 patents, and has presented more than 200 plenary or invited lectures at different conferences.
He is a Chief Scientist of China Innovation Think Tank; Vice President of Energy Technology Industry Association of China; Chairman of Green Chemistry Division, Chinese Chemical Society. Former Chairman of Subcommittee on Green Chemistry of International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC), and former Titular Member of Division III of IUPAC. He is Associate Editors of Green Chem., and is serving more than 10 other peer-reviewed scientific journals as Associate Editor, Editorial Board Member or International Advisory Board Member, such as Chem. Sci., ChemSusChem, Sci. China Chem., J. Chem. Thermodyn., J. Supercritical Fluids.